One of the projects I’m doing is fairly small, in terms of “actual finished product.” However, it is knit on US 2 needles, which are pretty tiny, so it’s a very fine fabric that’s being produced. It’s also a very intricate pattern, which means a lot of switching back and forth between staring at the yarn and staring at the pattern. But, thus far, it’s been zipping along pretty quickly. I’ve gotten about a third of the way through the physical project in about 3 days of knitting. This lulled me into a sense of complacency, thinking that I’d be able to tear through the rest of the project equally quickly.
Little did I know that the “intricate” work that I’d been working on thus far was really easy, and the intricacy had not yet begun. I noticed that there seemed to be a decent number of cables in the part I was working, and looking ahead to the pattern, there were many more. In a fit of madness, I thought I’d count up just how many more.
470. 470 cables total in the project. Of which I have done about 30.